Re: Kerberos on Windows

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 20:04:37 +0100

"Daniel Stenberg" <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> said:

> Hm, I think you're wrong. I say it is only called after a connection is
> completed, and therefor the wording is correct.

Okay, I was wrong if the connection is immediately reset:
> curl -v http://localhost:666

But try a host that is down:

> curl -v ftp://195.56.193.26/

* Couldn't find host 195.56.193.26 in the .netrc file, using defaults
* About to connect() to 195.56.193.26 port 21
* Connected to 195.56.193.26 (195.56.193.26) port 21
* Connection aborted
* Closing connection #0
curl: (56) Connection aborted

According to tcpdump, only 3 SYNs are sent before the non-blocking
connect() fails. No reset is received, but curl says "Connection aborted".
Aborted by who? I assume that's simply Winsock giving up.

I didn't follow the sequence of calls, but seems verboseconnect()
is called from SetupConnection() before the actual connect() succeedes.
Or there's something wrong with verifyconnect() on Windows?

--gv