Re: libcurl not returning all data

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 17:00:32 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Andrew Ingram wrote:

> I have just looked at what the output should be (by using a browser) and I
> notice that part of the section returned contains a Japanese Yen sign. Would
> this upset libcurl?

Nope, libcurl delivers what it gets.

> Also, in the section which vanishes, there are custom tags (ie not normal
> htmltags) such as <STATUS>. Would this be a cause? As I mentioned before,
> command line curl returns all this without a problem.

I took a quick glance on the code, and it looked fine.

You might get these different outputs because of the server acting
differently, in different cases. Perhaps the lack of a user-agent string for
example. The command line tool provides a default one while the library
doesn't....

Check with a network analyzer tool (ethereal perhaps) for what's actually
being sent over the network to know for sure.