Re: FTPS problems

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 09:01:48 +0100

"Daniel Stenberg" <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> said:

> You'll never need both --ftp-ssl and ftps:// (as the latter will imply the
> first option).

Ah, okay.

> It looks like this site has a plaintext connect which would indicate that the
> --ftp-ssl approach should be used.

It works with "AUTH SSL" as the first command and everything else
past that is crypt'd. I have only a snippet of the control-connection
(at port 21). Assume the data-port is 20. AFAICS, curl does the AUTH
differently. Brief from Ethereal of connection that works:

S->C: FTP Response: 220 godzilla FTP server (Versi .. <pcap truncated>
C->S: FTP Request: AUTH SSL
S->C: FTP Response: 334 AUTH SSL OK.

The server (S) is a NetBSD with ftpd-ssl and openssl 0.9.7.
So he tells me.

--gv