listing ftp directory with patterns

From: Rolf Jakob <rolf.jakob_at_panalpina.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:43:41 +0100

Hello,

I would like to use a URL like :
ftp://user@host/directory/subdir/*.csv
to get the listing of the /directory/subdir/ with all files matching the *.csv
pattern.
curl lists the whole subdir ignoring the pattern.

Is there any way to get this without patching curl ?

Background : Currently I use the libftp, but I would like to try libcurl as
most functions in libftp won't time out and you cannot break them with a
SIGALRM.

Thanks,
Rolf