curl_free access violations 7.10.7

From: Crypt Master <cryptmaster_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:26:31 +0000

Hi

I have code as follows, but the curl_free always produces an access
violation. This is currently on windows. Is my code correct? Or should I be
passing something else to the free, like &urlEncodedStr? I have checked in
debug mode that the variable address returned by the curl_escape is still
valid and the one passed back to the free.

        char* urlEncodedStr = NULL;
           curl_global_init(CURL_GLOBAL_ALL);
          easyhandle = curl_easy_init();
       urlEncodedStr = curl_escape(XMLStr, 0);
    curl_free(urlEncodedStr); ---> ACCESS VIOLATIONS
    curl_easy_cleanup(easyhandle);
    curl_global_cleanup();