Re: new man page layout on the web site

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:52:49 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Lorenzo Pastrana wrote:

> the pages looks nicer indeed...

Thanks

> I had a quick look at the script and found that a little improvement might
> be worth a try.. Since keywords are anchored allready, why not make them
> further occurence a link?

Yes, I'm planning to do something similar, but I don't want to add them
"blindly" without knowing that there is a target with that name (since that
formatting can be used to emphasize any word). Thus, I need to make the
operation a two-pass thing that in the first pass records where all "pointer
locations" are and all "sections" (that get names), and then in the second
pass I fix all the pointers that identify an existing section name to become
actual <a href> tags.

I'll also work on setting up proper cross-man page links when another man page
is mentioned that exists as HTML in the same directory.

All this when time permits of course. Or if someone submits a patch.

--
 Daniel - been obfuscating curl source code since 1998.
 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]