Re: ftps problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:01:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, michael flueh wrote:

> ok, but what kind of 'ftps' does curl speak?

Why do I get the feeling I write this very frequently? curl speak SSL on the
control connection only.

> as far i can see , curl do not follow the draft:
> http://curl.haxx.se/rfc/draft-murray-auth-ftp-ssl-12.txt
> (curl does not request 'AUTH TLS') .am i wrong?

Allow me to quote a paragraph from the docs/TODO in the curl release archive:

 * Add FTPS support with SSL for the data connection too. This should be made
   according to the specs written in draft-murray-auth-ftp-ssl-12.txt,
   "Securing FTP with TLS", valid until 28th February, 2004.
   http://curl.haxx.se/rfc/draft-murray-auth-ftp-ssl-12.txt

We welcome patches and help.