Error Code 51

From: Sharma, Amit <as230007_at_exchange.Canada.NCR.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:32:59 -0400

Hi there list,
I disabled the verification of the server cert as pointed out by a list
member for I just wanted to send and receive data without bothering about
the server certificate. This option worked fine on some servers.

The setopt handle I used was curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle,
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);

However from some https servers, I receive an error code of 51.
Browsing through the list of codes, looks like error code 51 is for some
kind of verification of the server certificate [CURLE_SSL_PEER_CERTIFICATE
(51) The remote server's SSL certificate was deemed not OK]. Could anybody
point why do we get an error of this sort even if the certificate
validationis disabled.
Gracias,
Amit
.