Re: Cache-Control: no-cache

From: Jerry G. Chiuan <jerry_at_oridus.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:44:40 -0700

> > Cache-Control: no-cache
> > or rather
> > Cache-Control: max-age=0
> > or something completely different?
>
> Both these header should make a HTTP 1.1-compliant proxy to load a fresh
> document and not return a cached one.
>
> Section 14.9 in RFC2616 (the successor of RFC2068) also states:
>
> Note that HTTP/1.0 caches might not implement Cache-Control and
> might only implement Pragma: no-cache (see section 14.32).

Hi,
Therefore, in order to support both HTTP/1.0 and 1.1, we only need to use
"Pragma: no-cache", right? since proxy which supports 1.1 also regonizes it

Or, we still need to add "Cache-Control: no-cache"?

ps: right now I use both, maybe I can eliminate "Cache-Control: no-cache",
any risk? any differences?

thanks a lot
- Jerry