Re: Win IPv6 patches

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:47:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> Here's my announced patches to libcurl to get ENABLE_IPV6 to work for
> Windows. Tested with MSCV 6 and MingW/gcc 3.3.1.

Thanks! I've applied and committed it.

> I'm not happy about the #ifdef of 'socklen_t'. But that type is in
> <ws2tcpip.h> which is included for IPv6 only. We should maybe move types
> like that to setup.h.

Possibly, but I think it makes sense to keep the same things in config-win32.h
that are present in config.h on unix-style operating systems. And socklen_t is
in config.h as that is checked for by the configure script.

> Btw. What's this trying to say?
> #if defined(WIN32) && !defined(__GNUC__) || defined(__MINGW32__)
>
> Windows, but not CygWin? If so, isn't this better:
> #if defined(WIN32) && !defined(__CYGWIN__)

I think your suggested version looks better.