Re: libcurl and ares

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:28:53 -0700 (PDT)

> I think I'll add our version of ares to the CVS repo soon to allow
> better tracking of our changes to it.
> I'm interested to know people's opinions on this.

Good idea, IMO.

> OpenSSL, and zlib for that matter, are kind of "standard" libraries
> ares is generally not installed by default.

Ares is also much smaller, and easier to config/make.
( Building OpenSSL always gives me fits, but that's a different story )

> I'll add the 'ares' subdirectory and all the associated files to the curl
> CVS repository. This way, we can keep track of all the changes etc.

Does this mean it will get checked-out along with curl, or will it be
a separate checkout/update ?

> Thus, the standard curl release source archive remains ares-less.

I would vote to eventually have it included, after it gets
a little more testing/tweaking, but you're the boss!