Re: Help: Need windows HTTPS sample

From: Jerry G. Chiuan <jerry_at_oridus.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:16:26 -0700

> Subject: Help: Need windows HTTPS sample
> The output of the curl_version_info() is
> Age : CURLVERSION_FIRST
> Version : 7.10.7
> version_num : 461319
> host : win32
> Features : 0
> ssl_version : ""
> ssl_version_num : 0
> libz_version : ""
> protocols : ftp
>
>OpenSSL binary is copied into system32 &
> the lib files are included into the project workspace.
>
> but still it gives the same CURLE_UNSUPPORTED_PROTOCOL error. I am new to
> this package. What i need to do?

Hi,
It looks like you didn't compile libcurl with openssl and zlib successfully
on Windows
you have to build libcurl (with ssl support ) against zlib and openssl
according to document

http://curl.sourceforge.net/docs/install.html

check Win32 platform, with SSL ( I use "Microsoft command line style" )
I just went through that, which is quite smooth

I also use curl_version_info( ) to check run-time info, I can see correct
ssl and libz version

Good luck
- Jerry