RE: ARES

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 14:45:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Giuseppe Attardi wrote:

> It looks like a possible fix is to put back these lines in
> curl_multi_perform() that where dropped in 7.10.8-pre2:
>
> case CURLM_STATE_CONNECT:
> if (Curl_global_host_cache_use(easy->easy_handle)) {
> easy->easy_handle->hostcache = Curl_global_host_cache_get();
> }
> else {
> if (multi->hostcache == NULL)
> multi->hostcache = Curl_hash_alloc(7, Curl_freednsinfo);
>
> easy->easy_handle->hostcache = multi->hostcache;
> }

Hm, that looks weird. I guess you're not using a global cache and then the
else-block is what runs.

My recent 7.10.8-change made this get done unconditionally so that the
hostcache is setup in the curl_multi_init() function and the
easy->easy_handle->hostcache should be assigned in curl_multi_add_handle().
Can you see where/why it doesn't get set properly in the case it fails for
you?