Re: libcurl hangs

From: Stephen W Boyd <steve.boyd_at_amtelecom.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:52:23 -0400

>First, upgrade to a newer libcurl to see if that changes anything.

I'll try it.

>Then, I would suggest that you figure out what libcurl is doing when it
>"hangs". You can for example 'strace' the pid of your app, or you can attach
>gdb to the running process and break control-c. The latter is of course a lot
>more useful if you've built libcurl with debug enabled.

Running under Windows, so no can do.

>If this doesn't work or can't be done, things get even harder. Then I would
>prefer if you could make a smaller test program show the same problems so that
>you then can post the full source of that program to this list.

If I could get the offending server to act up on demand this might be an
option. Would capturing the data returned to the debug callback function
be of any use?

>--
> Daniel Stenberg -- curl: been grokking URLs since 1998

>Welcome to geek heaven.
>http://thinkgeek.com/sf

Stephen W. Boyd
e-mail: steve.boyd_at_nospam.amtelecom.net

  ___ O
(_^_) o
   o--- .
I'd rather be under the sea!