Re: how to turn on persistent connection

From: Jerry G. Chiuan <jerry_at_oridus.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:47:34 -0700

> On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Jerry G. Chiuan wrote:
>
> > I used sniffer to check <port,ip> used by libcurl and found that it
doesn't
> > keep using the same connection ( port number changes for every new
request )

> It cannot re-use a connection to a different port number. A single
connection
> is fixed to the same port number.

Hi,
I understand, that is why I am surprised why the port number keep changing
( port number changes for every new reqeust ) <- this is what I see, not
what I do

> > I do set header "Connection: Keep-Alive" and I believe my server also
turn
> > it on
>
> Yes, each connection will be kept alive and re-used if possible.

Thus, do you know what else I have to set to have persistent connection
beside setting header "Keep-Alive"?

> > Do you guys know what is the problem?
>
> Use the same host AND same port number and it'll work better!

That is exactly what I hope to do : )

Regds,
-Jerry