Re: post data in a chunk to http server and also receive data from there to a chunk

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:24:06 -0700 (PDT)

> As I know, it requires one thread to be launched to execute this
> callback function, doesn't it ?

All of the callbacks can run on the same thread.

> is it expensive?
libcurl is free ;-)

> Why I would like to know more about it is cuz my application's
> threads would send requests very extensively

It sounds like you might want to look at the curl_multi_* interface.
This will probably give as good performance as multi-threading, and
is a lot easier to implement.

Check the docs/examples for curl_multi_init(), curl_multi_add_handle(),
curl_multi_perform(), and curl_multi_cleanup().