Re: Dynamic Library Load Windows

From: Joerg Mueller-Tolk <curl_at_mueller-tolk.de>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:26:28 +0200

Hi Crypt Master

> I am trying to load libcurl as a dll. Even though the download page
> says all version include libcurl, the only one which has a dll is the
> curl-7.10.7-win32-ssl-devel-mingw32.zip package.

I would advice you to get the source package and compile it yourself.
This way you have more control and can lookup anything further yourself.

> Porblem is the when I run LoadLibrary I get a "The specified module
> could not be found" from windows which is a crap error message as I
> can load any other library in the same path. I can only assume there
> is something wrong with the dll as others load and this one doesnt.

The precedence of DLL-location in Windows is 1. application dir 2.
current working dir and later the %PATH% and %SYSTEM32%.

There is an excellent free tool "dependancy walker" provided in
Microsoft SDK.

I suppose the unresolved dependency could be SSL-support.
You might need ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll

> Does anybody know of this problem and where I can get a descent dll
> for windows ?

Do it yourself and you have the perfect version.

cd curl-7.70.7\lib
nmake -f Makefile.vc6 CFG=release-dll-ssl

(you might need to edit the OPENSSL_PATH variable in Makefile.vc6)

Joerg M-T