Re: NTLM at proxy and SSL -> 502

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:19:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Joerg Mueller-Tolk wrote:

> I had already used CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH

Oh. Then I guess we're in for some debugging!

> In my short test programm I tried two proxies. The first using BASIC which
> worked fine, the second with NTLM which resulted in 502.

That's an odd return code.

> Is there anything obviously wrong with my code?

Only one little but very important nit, the NTLM support for proxies doesn't
yet work for HTTPS accesses! ;-( Try accessing a HTTP site to see if that
works better for you.

To fix this, we need to make Curl_ConnectHTTPProxyTunnel() code in lib/http.c
deal with the Proxy-authenticate: headers the same way they are dealt with in
the Curl_readwrite() function in lib/transfer.c. That funtionality should
probably be broken out into a separate function that can be called properly
from both these places.