curl-lib for embedded systems ??

From: Harit Patel <hpatel_at_research.att.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:55:16 -0400

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I wanted to ask a fundamental question before
proceeding to use the library.

I need to use some simple browser functions (HTTP + SSL) to request HTML
pages and to POST to a webserver. I need to do this from an embedded system
and hence the code needs to be small. I tried to use libwww and although I
can get the work done, the binary code is still of the order of 4 MB which
is too big for my system. (a 233Mhz Strong ARM CPU with Linux embedded)

I was now wondering if anyone could help me understand the way this library
would function predominantly with respect to the binary size of the final
code. I will be using BASIC calls like GET, POST etc and a little bit in
COOKIE handling and SSL. Given these requirements, if someone can give me an
idea of how BIG the final code would be that would be great.

ALso what is the size of the code when you just initialise the library and
compile it?

Thank You,

-H Patel