Re[5]: NTLM with proxy && minor typos

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:46:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Serge Semashko wrote:

> Here is the next version of NTLM proxy support patch. I hope it will pass
> more tests.

The good news is that yes, it does pass more tests because I've added several
new tests the last couple of days and this passes them all just fine.

However, it still fails on test case 503. The same one that was failing
before.

Now, I took a dive into the code and

 A) added yet another test case (number 80) to make it slightly easier to
force this situation using the client tool only. Test 503 is a libcurl test
that is a bit different (but still a good test of course).

 B) fixed the problem. The situation takes place when CONNECT is used to the
proxy and then a second request is tunneled-through to the actual host. I did
patch the code slightly as you'll notice.

This also puts the light on the fact that this new support for NTLM through
proxies, doesn't work when you tunnel the requests through a proxy (using
CONNECT) as done for example when doing SSL. For this to work, I suspect we
need to do a slightly larger fix.