Unable to get HTTP Status 407 when using libcurl with proxy and h ttps

From: Lance Munslow <lance.munslow_at_ttsltd.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 14:43:14 +0100

Hi,

        When using a proxy and HTTPS the Curl_ConnectHTTPProxyTunnel() func
is called within Curl_http_connect(). When I provide invalid auth details
the 407 generated reaches here in ConnectHTTPProxyTunnel():

if(200 != httperror) {
  if(407 == httperror)
    /* Added Nov 6 1998 */
    failf(data, "Proxy requires authorization!");
  else
    failf(data, "Received error code %d from proxy", httperror);
  return CURLE_RECV_ERROR;
}

How can I get at the 407 from the proxy?

Using:
        curl_easy_getinfo(m_curl, CURLINFO_HTTP_CODE, ...)
returns 0.

When not using HTTPS ConnectHTTPProxyTunnel() is not called and everything's
as expected.

Any help is appreciated.