Re: PATCH: ftp.c force directory exists on upload, minor bugfix.

From: Early Ehlinger <early_at_respower.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:03:07 -0500

"Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> If you get around to do it before I release the next release, please
consider
> doing the patch against the CVS version.
>
> Also, if you wanna become my best friend: provide test cases and
documentation
> for the new stuff you bring. It saves me from having to do all that...

Time permitting, no problem.

> > > Well, does all the tests still run fine?
> >
> > As I mentioned, I'm really a curl/libcurl newbie. This patch is
extremely
> > peripheral to what I'm really trying to accomplish, so I haven't had the
> > time to validate it thoroughly nor to research *how* to validate it
> > thoroughly.
>
> 'make test' in curl's root dir should run the 100+ test cases 100% fine,
or
> else your changes have modified something that it shouldn't.

D'oh! I'm on MinGW/MinSYS, where ./configure is still broken and therefore
"make" doesn't work at all in curl's root dir, let alone 'make test". You
were helping me work around this before, but my schedule shifted and I had
to focus more on the problem I was really trying to solve. Maybe sometime
this week I'll start a new thread about that and we can get that issue
knocked out too.

The only way I get to use libcurl right now is with the cd curlXXX/lib &&
make -f makefile.m32

> > If I can make some time I'll try to figure out how your test system
works
> > and put the patch through its paces, but schedules are excruciatingly
tight
> > these days and I can't promise much on that front.
>
> Time is always scares for everyone of us. And it won't change in the
future
> either. I'd rather wait a little extra while and get more quality than
getting
> a lesser job done fast.

Agreed.

> That said, I do of course appreciate your hard work even if you don't
provide
> test cases and thick books of documentation. I'm only expressing my
desire!
> ;-)
>
> Thanks for your contribution!

No problem. You guys have really contributed to my effort - it's the least
I can do.

--
-- Early Ehlinger CEO, ResPower Inc - Toll-Free : 866-737-7697
-- www.respower.com -- 500+ GHz Supercomputer Starting At USD$0.50/GHz*Hour