Re: Issues with libCurl and OpenSSL

From: Scott Becker <scottb_at_bxwa.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 09:05:19 -0700

Kevin D. Bond wrote:

> Unfortunately, the Microsoft memory leak detection, in addition to
> real memory leaks complains about some memory that was allocated, but
> not freed.

Huh??? In my years of programming on windows I've never read in any
docs that allocated memory will be freed upon exit (even though in
probably is). Therefore if the memory tool is building it's report upon
exit, any allocated memory, even if it was intended to be allocated for
the life of the app, which is not freed is considered leak. If the
program doesn't depend upon the OS cleaning up but instead explicitly
frees all allocated memory then the report should point only to the ones
we are trying to find.

The docs also mention taking two snapshots and comparing them. This may
also help