Using libcurl with asynch name resolves

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:45:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Duncan Wilcox wrote:

(taking this discussion over to the libcurl list)

> > Can you just verify that the following patch compiles and builds fine for
> > you?
>
> Perfect. (After updating config.guess and config.sub).

Ok, I'll ignore that little issue so far, since including them in the patch
will make it *huge*!

I'll consider http://curl.haxx.se/dev/ares2.diff to be the current ares patch
for libcurl.

If you update curl from CVS now, and have 'ares' in a subdirectory in the curl
root, you should be able to build libcurl to use ares for asynch name
resolves! Just make sure you:

1. run ./buildconf
2. run './configure --enable-ares'
3. run 'make'

If the configure script autodetects IPv6 support, you need to explicitly
disable that since ares isn't IPv6 compatible (yet).

Please let me know how it builds, runs, works or whatever. I had to do some
fairly big changes in some code parts to get this to work.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77