Multiple extra redirects with lib 7.10.5

From: Mark Fletcher <markf_at_bloglines.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:18:47 -0700

Hello,

We use libcurl for our RSS crawler, using the multi interface in a
single threaded configuration. We began receiving complaints of extra
fetches in cases of HTTP redirects. I did some investigating, and it
looks like the following change needs to be made to lib/multi.c at line 440:

           easy->result = Curl_follow(easy->easy_handle,
                                      easy->easy_conn->newurl);
          easy->easy_conn->newurl = NULL;

I couldn't find where newurl was ever cleared before. Can someone verify
that this is a correct fix and that the issue isn't being caused by us
using the library in an incorrect fashion?

btw, libcurl is a great package and it's otherwise worked very well for us.

Thanks,

Mark