Re: cancellation of curl_easy_perform()

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:22:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Jörg Müller-Tolk wrote:

> I have a problem with cancelling a curl_easy_perform() call. I tried using
> the progress callback function. Is it also called if no progress is made at
> all? My callback does not get called.

And what is libcurl doing when it doesn't get called?

> Half year ago I had the problem, that the password callback was not call
> and I scanned the error message instead.

If you report the bugs, we might be able to fix them.

> Might any other callback than the progess one be called without data being
> transmitted?

Well, some callbacks are called without relation to whether data is
transmitted, but the progress function is the only one that is used and meant
for progress info so I guess this is the one you should use.

I take it you use libcurl 7.10.5?