Re: Problems linking

From: Bjorn Reese <breese_at_mail1.stofanet.dk>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 00:23:52 +0000

> "Buelta Aguirre, Jaime" wrote:
>
> Hello everyone:
>
> I have problems linking libcurl to my programs. I have included all the
> libraries indicated by curl-config, but seems like symbol __floatdidf is not
> defined. Compiler says that is referenced on libcurl.a (file.o)
>
> My environment is Solaris 8, compiling with Sun compiler.

__floatdidf is a symbol specific for gcc. Am I correct to assume that
although you compile your application with the Sun compiler, your
libcurl.a has been compiled with gcc?

If so, I suggest that you either recompile libcurl.a with the Sun
compiler or with 'gcc -fno-gnu-linker'. If you cannot recompile libcurl.a
you could try to link your application with gcc rather than ld (although,
I do not not if this causes problems for the Sun compiled code), or you
could try to link with libgcc.a (or possibly libgcc_s.a)