Re: libcurl function to specify IP address of webserver (bypassing DNS)

From: jose <jjmmes_at_yahoo.es>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:34:26 +0200 (CEST)

> I don't think this is a feture we need to add to
> libcurl, as you can make this
> happen perfectly easy all by yourself. Yes, it
> requires you to parse and "fix"
> the URL yourself, but it still is a pretty weird
> operation...

Any app that wants to get performance with Curl needs
to bypass the Curl sync DNS queries and currently this
has not received much attention.

Any ideas on how to do this effectively would be very
useful to many users. Given that libdenise (Curl
asynch DNS sister library) is not progressing, it
would be helpful to show how Curl could be easily
interface with glibc asynch DNS.

Thanks