Re: 2 NTLM patches

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:49:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Dan Winship wrote:

> (Both against the latest CVS code.)

Thanks! I'm still not really back from my vacation, so this has taken me some
time...

> Problem 1: NTLM doesn't work with the multi interface, because the newurl
> field on the easy_conn never gets cleared, so it keeps resending the request
> forever and ever. The attached patch to multi.c fixes that (possibly
> incorrectly?).

I think it looks fine. I've applied and committed it.

> Problem 2: Passing "" for the domain in the type 3 message won't work on all
> servers for all users. (It only works if both the server has a default
> domain set, and the user is a member of that domain.) The attached patch to
> http_ntlm.c makes it parse usernames of the form "foo\bar" (or "foo/bar") as
> domain="foo", username="bar". The reason I did it that way is because IIS
> already parses usernames that way when using Basic auth

Neat. But a question on this approach, does IIS also allow both kinds of
slashes or why did your patch approve of both kinds? I was under the
impression that Windows people use the backslash in that situation.

> (Oh, Problem 2b: the curl_easy_setopt man page lists the flags by the wrong
> names: CURLHTTP_BASIC, etc rather than CURLAUTH_BASIC.)

Oops. Fixed now!