Re: cookie interface suggestion

From: Bo Lorentsen <bl_at_netgroup.dk>
Date: 19 Jun 2003 08:18:07 +0200

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 16:48, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> So, without rushing into anything, here follows my suggested approach on how
> to add a cookie interface to a future libcurl.
One thing ... if I understand You doc.

If I have a database of cookies while using curl (no practically ex.
right now !), and the amount of cookies are quite large, I would have to
copy all these into the internal curl cookie structure, before using
curl.

So how about having two functions (or the same with propper params), one
that gets called (if set) when reciving a new cookie, and one getting
called when curl is looking for one. If the function are not given, curl
defauts to the current API.

By doing this I can bypass the internal structure totally, and maintain
cookies by my own means. And too me this looks like the same
philosophy as the with streams in curl.

The only problem then would be the life span of the cookie ellements.

/BL