Re: Connect problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:06:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Philippe Raoult wrote:

> it might be, using nonblocking options and poll/select. I have some code
> doing this for unix if anyone feels like putting something like this into
> curl.

libcurl is already using non-blocking sockets all over the code.

> Btw this would remove the need for signals to do timeouts for connect().

... so subsequently libcurl doesn't use signals for connect timeouts. ;-)

We basicly need to add a call to the progress function from within the
connect.c:waitconnect() function. Just make it loop every second (if the
timeout is non-zero) and call the progress callback.

Any taker?