Re: Instalation problems

From: Cris Bailiff <c.bailiff+curl_at_devsecure.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:20:09 +1000

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 04:46 am, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, mediawerk Austria wrote:
>
> (this mail was received at the curl-web address, but I reply and CC the
> libcurl mailing list)
>
> > When i want du execute the command Makefile.PL i got the message:
> > "Cannot find curl.h - cannot build constants files - see Makefile.PL at
> > Makefile.PL line 74."
> >
> > I checked Makefile.PL but did not found curl.h on my server.
> > What can i do?
>
> I figure you want to install the libcurl binding for perl (WWW::Curl)?
>
> You need to have the libcurl header files installed somewhere in your
> system when doing so.

Daniel is correct. This is definitely a 'FAQ' for windows users.

> If you have them installed in a non-standard directory, you need to provide
> that directory to the install process this way:

Is there a 'standard directory'? If any windows users have suggestions for
'standard' or 'common' windows paths I can include in the Makefile.PL, I
would be happy to add them.

> $ perl Makefile.PL /my/secret/path/to/curl/include
>
> Cris, maybe the error message could include this information?

I will review/extend the error - it says 'see Makefile.PL' so that you could
read the instructions there, but the message could be clearer, as could the
instructions themselves.

I'll add this to the list of minor cleanups for 2.01

Cris