Re: Problems with Post followed by No-Post

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 08:49:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 26 May 2003, Stephane GRAZIANI wrote:

> In my use of the easy interface of libcurl library 7.10.5, I encounter a
> strange problem, which did not seem to appear with the 7.9.1 : when I do a
> query with POST fields, and then perform another query without POST fields
> using the same handle, I get a crash in fillbuffer, du e to the fact that
> curl tries to do an upload using older POST informations and so calls the
> Read callback, which I do not use while downloading and is thus set to
> NULL.
>
> I checked almost everything in my parameters (I remove the
> CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS option), and I do not understand how I can get the
> previous value of POST parameters into conn->upload_fromhere in fillbuffer
> (transfer.c).

It would help us a lot if you could provide us with an example snippet
showing your code that fails. But, in this case it does sound as if you don't
properly use CURLOPT_HTTPGET to get back from POST to GET again.

I can't say why it worked without CURLOPT_HTTPGET in 7.9.1, but this is an
option you want to use. Does this solve your problem?