How to get char info from curl_easy_getinfo()

From: David Szafranski <dszafranski_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 18:27:16 +0200

Hi,

I can use curl_easy_getinfo() to return both
long and double data, but it fails to return
data into a string address. I am calling the
function as follows:

type$ = NULL$ (256) ' create buffer string
curl_easy_getinfo (curl_handle, $$CURLINFO_CONTENT_TYPE, &type$)
type$ = CSIZE$ (type$) ' remove null chars

I get returned a few non ascii characters. I
get the same thing if I use CURLINFO_EFFECTIVE_URL.

I could not find an example of using this function
to return info into a string. Maybe someone with
signs of intelligence could help me out...

thanks,
David