more progress fun

From: George Comninos <george_at_macromedia.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 17:00:08 -0700

hello,

along the lines of getting progress updates, I was looking at the code for
Curl_GetFTPResponse(), it looks like it calls select() with the timeout
value and just waits, but it would really be nice to get progress updates
during this time which would also give us the ability to easily cancel any
operation which was hung waiting for a slow server.

I was about to just make my own version of the select() call which polls and
calls the progress callback during the timeout time, but thought it might
be better to have this functionality in curl anyway...this way users could
put up their own 'waiting for server' message or whatever they like if the
wait is greater than a few seconds.

Daniel, what do you think?

thanks,
-george