Re: Help needed: FTP download, duplicated CR (carriage return ), dup licated new_lines

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 09:20:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 May 2003, David Szekeres wrote:

> I'm trying to download some small text files via FTP with libcurl.

Initial alert: ftp ASCII download is already reported not to work properly.

> The download succeeds, however the file size on the server DIFFERS from
> what I get after the download.

And you wanted it to be identical?

> After seeing the files resulted with a hex viewer, I see, that every CR
> (carriage return) is being duplicated with the transfer.

When you used what options?

> I have already tried these settings:

[snip]

> None of them worked.

For binary download, you shouldn't need to fiddle with any of them, as
libcurl does binary by default if nothing else is told.

Also, please let us know what libcurl version you're using and on what
platform.

www.enterpriselinuxforum.com