User+Password validation?

From: Naved Khan <navedk_at_cybage.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 01:46:16 +0530

Hi,

Many appologies if this question is very elementary.

I have built a HTTPS wrapper over libcurl. I'm posting an XML request and
displaying the returned headers, XML response, HTTPS code etc.
I have a function called connect which is the first funtion called.
int Connect(const char* szServer, const char* szUserID, const char*
szPassword)

Later, after all the options are set, char* GetResponse() is called which
returns the XML response. This is the main function where curl_easy_perform
is called for HTTPS post.

I wanted to check if the server is valid in the Connect function defined
above so I can return the error code(if any) immediately. Is there any way
to do it? Just want to check if given user + password works for the given
server. I'm looking into it also. Any help will be highy appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Naved Khan

www.enterpriselinuxforum.com