Re: patch for cross-compile

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 18:06:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 3 May 2003, Ben Greear wrote:

> In order to get cross-compile to work, the exit(1) code needs to be removed
> from the ./configure script when checking for writeable argv.

Thanks for catching this, Ben.

It turns out the AC_TRY_RUN() macro was not being used properly in the
configure.ac script. I've now patched it to instead use AC_RUN_IFELSE() and
when cross-compiling, the option will default to 'no' and also output a
warning about this being a default and not actually checked for.