Re: HTTPS POST problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 16:23:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Mark Philip Erikson wrote:

> Here's where the problem comes in. Using the debug stuff, I can see that
> the SSL connection works and the POST begins. Several headers get sent.
> Then, it dies.

[snip]

> So... any ideas what this "SSL read error" is? I can't tell whether it's a
> problem with OpenSSL or Curl, but I figured it was worth checking here.

This error message is set in curl/lib/sendf.c around line 367 because
SSL_read() returns an error and when SSL is asked for exact error, it returns
5 (which equals SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL). I think you can change the line to also
include your errno value at that point to get some more clues... (A comment
in the openssl header for that error code suggests this.)

Can you make the operation work with the curl command line tool?