Re: uploading a file via a HTML form

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 20:17:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Giorgio Cattaneo wrote:

> where form.html has the following form:
>
> <form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="process.cgi" method="POST">
> <input type=hidden name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="153600">
> <input type="file" name="fupload"><br>
> <input type=submit name="submit" value=ok>
> </form>

[snip]

> Could somebody tell me if this functionality is supported in the libcurl
> library.

Yes it is, otherwise wouldn't curl be able to do it. ;-)

> If yes, does anybody have any idea of how it can be done?

I do!

curl_formadd() is the key here. You use it to add sections to a formpost,
basicly one call for each -F option in the curl command line.

Study the man page (online here:
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_formadd.html) and do ask more specific
questions if it isn't enough.

I figure we should produce some example source code for this, so if you end
up with anything useful that can serve future users, then I'm interested!