Re: Performance and Nagle algorithm

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:54:35 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Rick Jones wrote:

> More generally, if the last chunk of the POST body is < MSS, it should be
> sent with the previous chunk (which may be the POST headers).

> So long as any one send is larger than MSS (or there is only one send when
> < MSS :), the Nagle Algorithm will not be a problem on any stack where
> Nagle is implemented correctly.

Ok. I was not aware of the level of importance to do it like this. Thanks a
lot for clarifying.

We should fix this, at least for the easy cases where we can do it without
adding a lot of extra fuzz.

I'll add a note in the TODO to be fixed before the next release (that is, not
in the upcoming 7.10.4). I'm in a mere bugfixing mode now, and I consider
that a "misfeature" and not a bug ;-)