Re: CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_PROXY

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 23:57:12 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Themmen, Joel wrote:

> We sent our app to someone else and they cannot seem to connect to the URL.

Are they only using Solaris (you said "Sun box")? Are your app using a static
libcurl or do they possibly have a different libcurl version in their end?

> From my computer (over a VPN) I can hit the target URL. From the
> clients network, they hit the url with browsers and telnet and ping - etc.
> However, when they try to use my app (and curl underneath) they get back
> the CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_PROXY error. Apparently, they have the curl
> library on the same computer as the Url that they are trying to hit. It
> should work. It has worked everywhere else for us.

They're basicly trying to get a URL from localhost then? Are you using the
multi or the easy interface in your app? Do they always get this problem
whatever URL they try to get data from?

> So - Why would curl report this error when I never suggest a proxy
> should be used?

I can't explain that. grepping through the code only reveals one single place
this code is used. Perhaps this is the result of an uninitialized return code
variable or something.

> What else could cause this error to surface?

Does their Solaris version differ from yours?