Re: Asynch DNS

From: codemastr <codemstr_at_ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:53:42 -0500

> I'm sorry to say that the plain fact that many others would like to see
the
> feature become reality doesn't really help. What does help however, is
code,
> ideas, docs and donated sweat.
>
> But if you're here to help out, I'm gonna do my best to not stand in the
way
> of your creativism. I'm with you.
I'd love to help out, but socket coding isn't exactly no strong point (well
at least not non-blocking sockets) and I'm really not too familiar with the
DNS protocol, and I've just barely looked at the libcurl code, so for the
most part as far as this goes, I'm limited to just giving ideas.

> Again, I don't have or see any alternatives. If we were just a few more
> active authors on these projects, then we could accomplish a whole lot in
one
> year. But I don't expect any major changes around the corner.
Unfortunately I don't know of any alternatives either. Unless perhaps there
is someone out there who knows of another resolver library? I ran some
searches (google, freshmeat, etc) and I didn't find any that looked decent,
but maybe someone out there knows of one. Also, exactly what license would
it need to be in order to be compatible with libcurl?

-- codemastr