RE: Curl 7.10.4-pre3 on HP-UX using GCC v3.2

From: Fisk, Kevin <KFisk_at_linkpoint.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:08:25 -0800

The error occurs further up, which may be a factor.

configure: WARNING: netinet/if_ether.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: netinet/if_ether.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: netinet/if_ether.h: proceeding with the
preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING: ## Report this to bug-autoconf_at_gnu.org. ##
configure: WARNING: ## ------------------------------------ ##

This is the relevant section of config.log

configure:14065: checking sys/select.h usability
configure:14078: gcc -c -D_REENTRANT
-I/usr/local/html-secure/qtwork/qt/project/openssl-0.9.7a/include/openss
l -I/usr/local/html-secure/qtwork/qt/project/openssl-0.9.7a/i
nclude conftest.c >&5
configure:14144:24: sys/select.h: No such file or directory
configure:14081: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| #line 14067 "configure"

The manpage for my "select" command is shows it should be sys/time.h:

select(2)
select(2)

 NAME
      select - synchronous I/O multiplexing

 SYNOPSIS
      #include <sys/time.h>

If you want more of the config.log, let me know. I can provide it.

Kevin

----- THIS IS THE OUPUT

125 /usr/local/html-secure/qtwork/qt/project/curl-7.10.4-pre3>
./configure
--with-ssl=/usr/local/html-secure/qtwork/qt/project/openssl-0.9.7a
CFLAGS=-D_REENTRANT --enable-debug --no-create --no-recursion
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles...
no
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /opt/imake/bin/install -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking build system type... hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00
checking host system type... hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for AIX... no
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... 64
checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... no
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/ccs/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
checking for /usr/ccs/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/local/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependant libraries... file_magic
(s[0-9][0-9][0-9]|PA-RISC[0-9].[0-9]) shared library
checking command to parse /usr/local/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... yes
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... relink
checking dynamic linker characteristics... hpux11.00 dld.sl
creating libtool
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking whether to support http... yes
checking whether to support ftp... yes
checking whether to support gopher... yes
checking whether to support file... yes
checking whether to support ldap... yes
checking whether to support dict... yes
checking whether to support telnet... yes
checking whether to enable ipv6... no
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for dlclose... yes
checking non-blocking sockets style... O_NONBLOCK
checking for "/dev/urandom"... no
checking if argv can be written to... yes
checking if Kerberos4 support is requested... no
checking for CRYPTO_lock in -lcrypto... yes
checking for CRYPTO_add_lock in -lcrypto... yes
checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... yes
checking openssl/x509.h usability... yes
checking openssl/x509.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/x509.h... yes
checking openssl/rsa.h usability... yes
checking openssl/rsa.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/rsa.h... yes
checking openssl/crypto.h usability... yes
checking openssl/crypto.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/crypto.h... yes
checking openssl/pem.h usability... yes
checking openssl/pem.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/pem.h... yes
checking openssl/ssl.h usability... yes
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
checking openssl/err.h usability... yes
checking openssl/err.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/err.h... yes
checking for ENGINE_init... no
checking for RAND_status... yes
checking for RAND_screen... no
checking for RAND_egd... yes
checking for inflateEnd in -lz... no
checking zlib.h usability... no
checking zlib.h presence... no
checking for zlib.h... no
checking AIX 4.3 or later... no
checking for gethostbyname_r... no
checking for gethostbyaddr_r... no
checking for inet_ntoa_r... no
checking for localtime_r... no
checking for gmtime_r... no
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking malloc.h usability... yes
checking malloc.h presence... yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking arpa/inet.h usability... yes
checking arpa/inet.h presence... yes
checking for arpa/inet.h... yes
checking net/if.h usability... yes
checking net/if.h presence... yes
checking for net/if.h... yes
checking netinet/in.h usability... yes
checking netinet/in.h presence... yes
checking for netinet/in.h... yes
checking netinet/if_ether.h usability... no
checking netinet/if_ether.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: netinet/if_ether.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: netinet/if_ether.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: netinet/if_ether.h: proceeding with the
preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING: ## Report this to bug-autoconf_at_gnu.org. ##
configure: WARNING: ## ------------------------------------ ##
checking for netinet/if_ether.h... yes
checking netdb.h usability... yes
checking netdb.h presence... yes
checking for netdb.h... yes
checking sys/select.h usability... no
checking sys/select.h presence... no
checking for sys/select.h... no
checking sys/socket.h usability... yes
checking sys/socket.h presence... yes
checking for sys/socket.h... yes
checking sys/sockio.h usability... no
checking sys/sockio.h presence... no
checking for sys/sockio.h... no
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking sys/param.h usability... yes
checking sys/param.h presence... yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking termios.h usability... yes
checking termios.h presence... yes
checking for termios.h... yes
checking termio.h usability... yes
checking termio.h presence... yes
checking for termio.h... yes
checking sgtty.h usability... yes
checking sgtty.h presence... yes
checking for sgtty.h... yes
checking fcntl.h usability... yes
checking fcntl.h presence... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... (cached) yes
checking alloca.h usability... yes
checking alloca.h presence... yes
checking for alloca.h... yes
checking winsock.h usability... no
checking winsock.h presence... no
checking for winsock.h... no
checking time.h usability... yes
checking time.h presence... yes
checking for time.h... yes
checking io.h usability... no
checking io.h presence... no
checking for io.h... no
checking pwd.h usability... yes
checking pwd.h presence... yes
checking for pwd.h... yes
checking utime.h usability... yes
checking utime.h presence... yes
checking for utime.h... yes
checking sys/utime.h usability... no
checking sys/utime.h presence... no
checking for sys/utime.h... no
checking sys/poll.h usability... yes
checking sys/poll.h presence... yes
checking for sys/poll.h... yes
checking setjmp.h usability... yes
checking setjmp.h presence... yes
checking for setjmp.h... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for ssize_t... yes
checking for socklen_t... yes
checking for in_addr_t... yes
checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking for socket... yes
checking for select... no
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strstr... yes