Re: Segmentation fault with v7.9.8 of libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 20:09:50 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Uday Singh wrote:

> When I started doing this kind of testing, I consistently saw segmentation
> fault inside the libcurl. Do you know of this bug???

If you could present us with some stack traces etc from the crashes, it would
be easier for us to check.

> So I downloaded the latest stable version 7.10.3. And the problem seems to
> have gone away. Here is the more pertinent question: Have any changes been
> done in the subsequent release after 7.9.8 to address this bug? I just want
> to make sure that infact the bug was known and has been fixed, and not just
> my luck that it hasn't shown up after the upgrade.

What platform is this running on?

I would also suggest that you study the CHANGES file and CVS diffs between
7.9.8 and 7.10.3 in the source file where you experience crashes.

After all, we've done quite a number of changes between these two versions.