Re: (no subject)

From: Jörg Müller-Tolk <curl_at_mueller-tolk.de>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 09:44:15 +0100
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Zhen Wang wrote:
> I'm using Microsoft proxy server 2.0. And in my code, I specified the same
> proxy server, port, user name and password just like it set in the option
> window of Internet Explorer. But it returns CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_PROXY
> when perform curl_easy_perform(pURL)? Why? Doesnt curl support MS proxy?

If the proxy is a HTTP proxy, then it doesn't matter who wrote it. It should
works fine.

When it returns CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_PROXY, libcurl couldn't even attempt to
use the proxy since the name you gave doesn't resolve and thus libcurl can't
find it.
> curl_easy_setopt(pURL, CURLOPT_PROXY, "http://internet:80");

This isn't a valid host name for the proxy.
I also received a CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_PROXY when trying to access an ISA proxy running with damn NTLM Authentification.

sunny regards
Joerg Mueller-Tolk

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: Etnus, makers of TotalView, The debugger for complex code. Debugging C/C++ programs can leave you feeling lost and disoriented. TotalView can help you find your way. Available on major UNIX and Linux platforms. Try it free. www.etnus.com Received on 2003-03-06