Re: preparing for another public release

From: Andi Jahja <andijahja_at_cbn.net.id>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 01:40:05 +0700

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 18:21:47 +0100 (CET) Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> > Borland CPP :
> >
> > \telnet.c:
> > Warning W8019 telnet.c 266: Code has no effect in function send_negotiation
> > Warning W8019 telnet.c 830: Code has no effect in function suboption
> > Warning W8019 telnet.c 838: Code has no effect in function suboption
> > Warning W8019 telnet.c 860: Code has no effect in function suboption
>
> Do you know why you get this warning on the use of the swrite() macro?

I am not sure. But Borland is pretty strange IMO. We could get rid of
these annoying warnings by assigning send() return value to a dummy
variable like:

  int dummy;

  dummy = swrite(.......);

But of course this has no meaning other than killing those warnings.

> > Warning W8075 telnet.c 1098: Suspicious pointer conversion in function
> > Curl_telnet
>
> Which pointer, you know?

Casting 4th parameter with LPDWORD will eliminate the warning. (Another
Borland strange behaviour?)

> > MSVC 6.0:
> >
> > \http.c(719) : warning C4761: integral size mismatch in argument;
> > conversion supplied
>
> Is it enough if we typecast that forth argument to a bool?

I am not sure. Anyhow, MSVC said it converted it already (smart?).

> > \telnet.c(1053) : warning C4101: 'now' : unreferenced local variable
>
> Fixed.

Thanks.

Andi