Re: [ curl-Bugs-694936 ] net/if.h compile issue

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:25:34 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, SourceForge.net wrote:

Thanks for your report! It did puzzle me though, so here comes a bunch of
questions:

> htts://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=694936&group_id=976

[ config.log cut off ]

> | Other information:
> | solaris 2.8 on a sparc platform.

[ documentation piece cut off ]

Can you please tell us what the bug is that we should fix? What error did you
get? You showed some errors in the config.log file, but why are they a
problem to us?

Also, you quote the piece from a autoconf manual: "This scheme, which
improves the robustness of the test, also requires that you make sure that
headers that must be included before the HEADER-FILE be part of the INCLUDES"

But... how are we supposed to know what headers your net/if.h header requires
to compile unless you tell us?