crash in libeay32.dll if multithreaded.

From: <db_at_burton.mailshell.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:12:21 -0800

Hello,

I created a multithreaded application on Windows 2000 using libcurl 7.9.6 with openssl 0.9.6g. It access a non public server using HTTPS.

When I run multiple instances simultaneously, I occasionally get a crash
in libeay32.dll of the openssl libraries.
It seems to be an access violation in the RAND_poll() function related to some heap access. The curl function leading to this is Curl_SSLConnect().

I tried curl 7.10 as well as openssl 0.9.7, the latest, but I still experience
the problem.

I browsed around the curl and openssl mailing list archives but didn't see
a solution although at least one other person reported a similar issue with open ssl before. The only suggestions in that case was compiling with /MD and implementing locking callback functions. The DLLS were compiled with /MD, and Curl is supposed to be threadsafe.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
DB.