Re: Problems with fopen.c example

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:27:56 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Nick Humfrey wrote:

> I can't get the fopen.c example to work.
>
> It just tells me:
> "We got: 0 bytes"
>
> Tried re-configuring it to use local webservers as well but to no avail.
> Any idea why it isn't giving an error message or any other output ? Below
> is the Makefile I used.

I'm sorry it took a while to respond. I seem to be getting quite a lot of
curl mails these days and keeping up with the pace is hard at times...

Ok, I tried the fopen.c example and indeed it failed for me as well. I
checked the code and I found that it was a bit naive and not quite working,
so I fixed the bugs and committed an updated fopen.c example source here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/curl/curl/docs/examples/fopen.c?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

It works for me.